E-Court Appearance is available every Monday through Friday at 11:00am with the exclusion of occasional days off for the Judge and City Holidays. No appointment is necessary, simply click the link below.
You must have a webcam/built in camera with sound and video on your device for E-Court to be an option for you.
DESOTO MUNICIPAL COURT ONLINE COURT ROOM
MEETING ID: 582-661-129
Attending an E-Court Appearance allows the defendant to:
- Enter a Plea of NOT GUILTY and request a trial by judge or trial by jury on a later date. Please note that trials are not held via the E-Court Appearance video conference and will require the defendant to appear in person at the courtroom of the DeSoto Municipal Court at 211 E. Pleasant Run Road, DeSoto, Texas.
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest. Defendants who plead GUILTY or NO CONTEST via the E-Court Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety courses, or deferred disposition.
- Request an extension of the due dates established by a previous judgment. You will need to be prepared to provide extenuating circumstances to the judge as to why an extension is needed.
- Seek resolution of outstanding warrants via the establishment of a payment plan.
- If you are requesting to take a Driver's Safety Course, you will be required to pay $114.10 immediately after your E-Court Appearance at www.desototexas.gov/payticket or by calling 1-800-444-1187
- If you are requesting Deferred Disposition, you will need to be prepared to make a down payment of at minimum $50, but you will be encouraged to pay more than the minimum down payment so that your monthly payments are more manageable.
- If you are requesting a guilty judgment with a payment plan, you will need to be prepared to pay a 33% down payment on the total amount that you owe.
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, ect.)
- A fast and stable internet connection
- A webcam attached to your PC or a built in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the video conference.
- Your device must have a microphone connected or built in that will allow you to talk to the judge and your device must also have speakers attached or built in that will allow you to hear what the judge is saying to you.
- You must have a working email address and you may possibly need to have the ability to scan paperwork or email images or documents for the judge's review.
* No Driver's License * Driving while license invalid * Driving with suspended driver's license
* Fail to change address on driver's license * Failure to maintain financial responsibility (no insurance)
* Expired registration * Defective equipment * Failure to obey the direction of a police officer
* All moving violation (i.e. generally involving the movement of the automobile)
* Ordinance violations * Code violations
Cases That Are NOT ELIGIBLE For E-Court Appearance
* Disorderly conduct * Public intoxication * Theft * Possession of drug paraphernalia
* Assault * Cases in which the prosecutor has exercised his/her right to be heard on the case
* All other penal code violations
Right to New Trial: Defendants who have made an initial appearance on their cases via the E-Court Appearance are given the right to change their mind and be granted a new trial within ten (10) days of the entry of the judgment upon request in writing filed with the DeSoto Municipal Court. A motion for new trial is provided for use by the Defendant on the court's website under helpful forms.