Judgment / Verdict
- When the judge tries the case, the judge’s decision is called a judgment.
- When the jury tries the case, the jury’s decision is called a verdict.
- The judge or jury may consider only the testimony of witnesses and any evidence admitted during the trial proceedings.
- If you are found guilty by either the judge or jury, the penalty will be announced at that time.
- You should be prepared to pay the fines and costs at this time if you are found guilty. If you are found not guilty, all fees will be dismissed and no further action will be needed.