- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations must be made in person at the DeSoto Parks and Recreation Department Monday through Thursday 5 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday 5 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Reservations must be made in person by an adult at least 21 years of age. All persons signing the Facility Rental Contract shall be liable and responsible for any problems and damages that occur during the rental period. The DeSoto Parks and Recreation Department accepts cash, checks and money orders (made payable to the City of DeSoto), Visa, and Master Card with a proper ID. Second party checks will not be accepted.
- All fees, facility rental and damage deposit, must be paid in full at the time of the reservation.
- No person, firm, or corporation shall use any space or the facilities at the DeSoto Civic Center without completing a Facility Contract. The type of agreement required shall be at the discretion of the Facility Manager or designated representative.
- In the event of scheduling conflicts or upon occasions when a more extensive use of the facilities can be scheduled, the Facility Manager reserves the right to give the renting party thirty (30) days notification and to fully refund any fees and deposits paid by the renting party for the cancelled events. This applies to City of DeSoto sponsored activities, and only if other accommodations are unavailable.
- Groups having reservations at the facilities shall be permitted to use only the areas designated to them at the time the reservation was confirmed. There shall be no tables/chairs/signs/equipment etc. placed in the hallway/foyer area of the facility.
- No group shall schedule an event which will have a larger attendance than the posted maximum occupancy of the area they have rented.
- A Facility Rental Check-In/Check-Out Sheet must be filled out by a Facility Attendant prior to and following each reservation and must be signed by the reserving party. All rentals are required to notify a Facility Attendant when they have completed use of an area in order to commence the Check-In/Check-Out procedure. Failure to checkout with staff will result in forfeiture of deposit.
- All money is deposited on a daily basis. This includes the damage deposit and the rental fees.