DEVELOP AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT POLICY FOR THE REDEVELOPMENT OF AGING INLINE RETAIL CENTERS.
1. Complete the commercial node study started in FY 2021 | Economic Development | Currently Underway | Complete FY 2022 Q2
2. Identify inline retail properties not included in the commercial node study | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
3. Link identified properties into the Comprehensive Plan Review process to establish areas for potential incentive programs and overlay districts | Economic Development & Development Services | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
4. Engage property owners and tenants for policy idea generation | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
5. Develop action plans and policies to encourage inline retail property redevelopment and tenant occupation | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
6. Obtain DeSoto Development Corporation and City Council approval of final policies | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q4 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
1st Quarter Update January 2022
The consulting contract for commercial node studies that was approved in Q1 includes reviewing inline retail centers located in the five intersections selected for study. Additionally, Economic Development staff has initiated the process of developing a comprehensive list of inline retail centers in DeSoto along with owner contact information to begin discussions in Q2.