- Municipal Court
- Driver Safety Course
Driver Safety Course
You may request to have your citation dismissed by completing a driving safety course (DSC). Your citations cost will be $144 ($169 if you received the citation in a school zone) and you will also have the cost of ordering your driving record from the Department of Public Safety, as well as paying for the Defensive Driving Class of your choice.
Not every violation and every driver will qualify for the DSC option. To be eligible for the DSC option, the following requirements must be met:
- Your violation must be a classified as a moving violation
- If you have multiple violations, you can only request DSC on one violation
- You must not have completed a driving safety course to dismiss a citation within the last 12 months and must not be in the process of taking the course for another traffic violation.
- You must not be the holder of a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- A speeding violation must not exceed the posted speed limit by more than 24 MPH
- You must possess a valid Texas driver's license or active duty military ID (that is not classified as a commercial drivers license CDL)
- The violation did not occur in a construction zone with workers present
- The violation did not occur while passing a school bus
- All juvenile defendants who are under 17 years of age, cannot request DSC Online. You must come to court with your parent. You do not have to wait for your court date. You can come early Monday through Friday at 10:30am to meet with the Judge.
If you do not meet these qualifications, please come see the Judge to see what other options may be available to you
HOW DO I MAKE A REQUEST FOR DRIVER'S SAFETY COURSE?
- in person at 211 E. Pleasant Run Rd. DeSoto, TX 75115
- by texting a Court Clerk at (972) 737-7558 to set up your driver's safety course in real time
- or lastly, by clicking the "Request Driver's Safety Course Online" button below. Note that making your request this way will not be in real time and will require you to follow instructions given through the email address you provide.
PLEA OF NO CONTEST & WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL
I UNDERSTAND & AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
When the Judge grants my request for Driver's Safety Course Online, I understand and agree that per the provisions of Article 27.14(c) of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure that I will be entering a plea of NO CONTEST and WAIVING MY RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL. I further understand and agree that in the event that I fail to comply with the terms of my Driver's Safety Agreement, the Judge will find me guilty of the offense and a conviction will be reported on my driving record with the Department of Public Safety.
You should not take the course or request your driving record until you have received approval from the Municipal Court.
Order your driving record at texasonline.com
Visit the TDLR website for a list of state-approved safety courses