DeSoto Youth Football and Cheerleading
Congratulations to the 2017 league champions
NTX Seahawks A Team
Havoc B Team
SW Rebels C Team
Texans Flag Team
Announcement: Registration will begin May 7, 2018
Registration at the DeSoto Recreation Center is scheduled to begin Monday, May 7. Ages 4-12 can register. The age is determined by how old the player will be on August 1, 2018 for B, C and Flag divisions and June 1, 2018 for the A division.
- A Team - Ages 11-12 age as of 6/1/18
- B Team - Ages 9-10 age as of 8/1/18
- C Team - Ages 7-8 age as of 8/1/18
- Flag Team - Ages 4-6 age as of 8/1/18
Cheerleader registration: May 7
New and returning cheerleaders will begin registration for all organizations.
Returning Football player registration: May 7
Players registered from the previous roster will have 1st priority to register with the organization that the player is returning to. This includes players returning to their same age division and the following listed below:
- Flag team advancing to C team
- C team advancing to B team
- B team advancing to A team
Open Football player registration: June 4
New players and returning players switching teams can register with any organization of their choice during this registration period. New organizations will begin registration during this period.
Participants with Siblings
Players with one or more related family member will be registered to the same organization. If teams have met their maximum allowed players, you must choose another team with availability. With the registration cap on football players, the football player with a sibling who is a cheerleader will dictate where both players are placed.
Key dates to remember
Jul 16 - Assign practice facilities for teams that meet requirements
Aug 25 - Refund Deadline
Aug 25 - Season Start Date
Glenn Heights Residents
Click here to view the Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Proof of Residency Requirements
Two proofs of the following will be required:
A valid driver’s license or identification card issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety showing the DeSoto address of that person.
A current utility (gas, electric, water) showing the DeSoto address of that person.
A current lease or mortgage showing the DeSoto address of that person.
A current voter’s registration card showing the DeSoto address of that person.
A current auto insurance card showing the DeSoto address of that person
A current report card
Registration Form | Player Release Form | Incident Report | Waiver Form | Game Report | Comment Form | Protest Form
Submit Volunteer Criminal Background | Code of Conduct for Coaches | Practice and Training Safety in the Heat | League Rules/Bylaws
Cleared Coaches Report
Season Game Schedule
Participating Organization Team Web Links
Buccaneers | Chargers | Colts | NTx Disciples | Falcons | Havoc | Panthers | SW Rebels | Texans
To All Participants for the Youth Football and Cheerleading Season
What Do Registration Fees Cover?
- Game officials/scorekeepers
- League Insurance
- Championship awards
- Participant Sport ID Card—required for all league approved games, preseason and post season tournaments
- Facility monitors
- Energy Management Fee of $10
- Non-Residential Fee of $20
- Residential parents must register and have a state issued photo identification card and current utility bill (strictly enforced).
- Nonresidential parents must register and have a state issued photo identification card.
- If a coach registers for a residential player/cheerleader, the coach must have a photo copy of the parents state issued identification card (mark through the id number), along with a current utility bill.
- If a coach registers for a nonresidential player/cheerleader, the coach must have a photo copy of the parents state issued identification card (mark through the id number).
- We will post registration information from the Youth Football and Cheerleading League on the City of DeSoto’s website. Everyone will have access to roster updates, updated by 5:00 p.m. on each Monday.
- Practice times, locations and dates will be scheduled once each organization has 11 registered A and B team participants individually and 15 players per team registered with C and flag teams with 51 % residency per team. Game schedules will be available online at a later date.
- Provide annual maintenance plan to each outdoor League.
- General cosmetic maintenance such as cleaning the facility and marking and dragging scheduled fields.
- Perform all preseason clay and turf maintenance.
- Provide sand, soil, etc to be used in leveling or backfilling low areas.
- Maintain all area and field lighting systems.
- The City shall make determinations on field closures due to weather. Determination will be made by 3:00 pm on weekdays. Weather will be monitored beyond the determination times if necessary.
- Prior to the first day of registration, the city shall update its websites with registration information and provide e-mail addresses to provide communication and updates regarding youth football.
- The city shall conduct a mandatory informational parents meeting a week after registration ends outlining the city's responsibilities. It is extremely important that parents attend this meeting to ensure better communication between the city and participants.
- The city is responsible for daily game day policing, cleaning, and disposal of all litter on their field(s) to include playing areas, dugouts, fences, backstops, bleachers, concession stands, and adjacent grounds.
- The city shall maintain all control systems.
- The city will monitor park restrooms, keep them stocked with toiletries issued by the City and cleaned.