Place SIX: Candice Quarles
Candice Quarles was elected to the DeSoto City Council in a special election in May 2016, making her the youngest member serving on the council.
Candice, a native of St. Louis, MO, received her Bachelor’s degree in Personnel Psychology from Missouri Western State University, and thereafter completed a Master’s Degree in Managerial Leadership with an emphasis in Human Resource (HR) Management from Webster University.
Candice’s professional career includes 10+ years in HR experience with large consulting firms such as Deloitte, LLC and experience in municipal government while at the City of Grand Prairie, TX. She holds numerous HR certifications: Professional in HR (PHR), Global Professional in HR (GPHR) and Senior HR Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). She is also the Founder/CEO of CQ Consulting , an HR firm focused on attracting and retaining talent, training/recruiting and policy focused projects.
Candice is also a social entrepreneur as co-founder of 9HappyPeople.com, a lifestyle fashion brand that shares positive messages while impacting community. Launched on Kickstarter, each purchase helps to create jobs in local, under-served communities by donating 50% of its profits to job creation.
Outside of work Candice is involved in a variety of community organizations such as the Alliance for Greater Works, Delta Sigma Theta, National Urban League, Board Chair for Golden Circle DFW, currently serving as Secretary for League of Women Voters- Dallas chapter and a member of Friendship West Baptist Church.
For her civic and corporate contributions, she has received several awards and recognitions:
• 2016 Dallas Regional Chamber’s Leadership Dallas Graduate
• 2015 Best New Start-up Pitch Competition Winner- Small Business Matters Conference
• 2014 Dallas Business Journal’s Top Forty under 40 Honoree
• 2014 Distinguished President of the Year by the National Urban League; under her leadership in which the chapter was named, “Southern Region Chapter of the Year.”
• 2013 Young Alumnus of the Year, Missouri Western State University
• 2012 White House Project’s “Go. Run. Lead.” Graduate
Candice enjoys reading, volunteering and traveling with her husband and enjoying her newest role as mom.