DEVELOP A grow DeSoto Marketplace Construction / Transition plan to include more traditional restaurant space and seating areas.
1. Create a Steering Committee of residents and business experts to provide review of the current Grow DeSoto Market Place and to develop recommendations for future use | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
2. Initiate a design concept competition for reimagining the Grow DeSoto Market Place | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
3. Study and evaluate market demand for proposed facility changes | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2023 Q4
4. Work with the property owner to identify acceptable concepts | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
5. Evaluate transition plan options with the property owner prior to master lease option trigger date | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
6. Develop construction cost estimates | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q4 | Complete FY 2023 Q2
1st Quarter Update January 2022
A meeting was conducted in Q1 with the landowner at Grow DeSoto Market Place to discuss options for partnership for transforming the market place. Members to serve on the steering committee were identified with the initial meeting to occur by the end of January 2022.