Create an economic development plan for Hampton Road, Beltline Road at Cockrell Hill Road, and general commercial nodes.
1. Complete the Hampton Road Redevelopment Corridor Study | Development Services | Currently Underway | Complete FY 2022 Q3
2. Identify potential development partners and assess interest | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
3. Create and approve economic development incentives for Hampton Road and other commercial nodes | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q3 | Complete FY 2023 Q1
4. Conduct a public outreach and engagement campaign | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q3 | Complete FY 2023 Q1
5. Distribute an RFQ outlining City economic development plans and incentives | Economic Development | Start FY 2023 Q1 | Complete FY 2023 Q2
6. Select development partner(s), complete negotiations, and finalize development agreements | Economic Development | Start FY 2023 Q2 | Complete FY 2023
1st Quarter Update January 2022
The draft version of the Phase 1 Hampton Road Redevelopment Study is being reviewed by City staff for final submission. Once submitted, the Phase 1 Study will be presented to the City Council for acceptance. The scope of work for Phase 2, which includes financial and regulatory policies, is currently under staff review. A contract for land-use and marketing studies to be completed at other DeSoto intersections was approved in Q1. That study is ongoing for the following locations: Belt Line & Westmoreland, Belt Line & Polk, Belt Line & Cockrell Hill, Danieldale & Westmoreland, and Parkerville & I-35.