Teen Summer Volunteer Program
Do you want to make a difference this summer?
What is the Teen Summer Volunteer Program?
The Teen Summer Volunteer Program is a program that provides teens with:
- Confidence-building volunteer experience
- Practical job skills
- Customer and public service experience
What are the qualifications?
- Dependability - you must complete work assignments, be present for pre-assigned work hours, and be on time
- Flexibility - you must be willing to perform a variety of projects and tasks
- Self-Discipline - you must be able to work independently and follow oral instructions
- Good Interpersonal Skills - you must be able to work cooperatively with other volunteers and staff members
Who can join?
The DeSoto Public Library is looking for teens that are:
- At least 12 years old OR
- Entering grades 8 - 12
The volunteer program is a seven-week program that runs from June 14 through July 30. Applicants must be available for at least 6 weeks.
What's in it for me?
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Have fun meeting and working with new people
- Sense of pride by helping your community
- Earn community service credits for:
- National Honor Society
- Scouting Merit Badges
- College Admissions
What can I do?
- Assist library departments with various tasks
- Assist customers in the Library Computer Lab as a Teen Techie
How do I sign up?
- Complete the online teen volunteer application by June 5, 2021.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will select applications and arrange the interviews.
- Selected volunteers must abide by the TSVP attendance policy, dress code and expected work conduct and will be required to interview and submit a background check. Arrangements for the final work schedule will be made at the orientation.
There are only a limited number of volunteer hours and positions available for the summer! Therefore, all teens that apply are not guaranteed placement in the program.
Questions? Contact Ms. Marq Runnels at 972-230-9663.